Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Change In Direction: How do you eat when your food is trying to kill you?

So back when I started this (and when I actually posted), this was meant as a collection of modified recipes to track when I tried to make things healthier, or cope with only having whatever ingredients were on hand.  But 8 months ago I was diagnosed with a host of food allergies - including tree nuts, wheat, tomatoes, squash, and celery.  Celery.  Who is allergic to a plant that is basically water????

This has made eating hard.  Wheat is in everything.  Celery is in most soup stock, so that's hard.  If I want to order a salad is it often full of nuts or tomatoes to compensate for the lack of wheat and celery.  Bottom line:  food is trying to kill me!  Well, I'm not that allergic (yet), but it's definitely doing its best to make me an itchy, snotty, inflamed mess.

This means that I need to step up cooking, and also step up my creativity while cooking.  So I'm attempting to step up the blogging, and share my new allergen free takes on recipes.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment